Philip’s Quality Care Services Limited aims to provide quality care and support to the vulnerable with the choice to remain in the comfort of their home, based on their needs and preferences, and we ensure their dignity and privacy are given the utmost priority and that they are treated with respect at all times.
Who We Are
Philip’s Quality Care Services Limited is an independent care agency based in Sydenham, Lewisham Borough, established in 2019 and committed to providing high-quality care to our clients. We aim to offer long/short term care and support, which safeguards and promotes the health, welfare, and life of people to enable them to continue to live in the comfort of their homes.
We cover the whole of London and the UK in general. We are regulated and inspected by the Care Quality Commission
Our Vision and Values:
- To offer quality skilled care to enable the vulnerable people we support to achieve a healthy lifestyle and well-being.
- To ensure our clients and staff are always treated with respect and dignity.
- To ensure the human rights of all our service users, the people who work for us, including visitors, are upheld at all times.
- To provide individualised support, which fulfils the individual’s needs and preferences.
- To recognize and respect the customs and traditions of both staff and service users, in all daily activities in the office and at service users’ homes.
- To support clients to maximize independence.
Philip’s Quality Care Services Limited aims to achieve these objectives through a recruitment process, which is focused on the core skills and competencies required to deliver a quality service. All employees will participate in the organization’s induction program using the Care Certificate Module, which aligns with the Adult’s Workforce Development and level 2/3 NVQ Certificate “Understanding Working with Adults”, which meets the outcomes of the skill for care.
We ensure we recruit only qualified, experienced healthcare professionals, i.e. Support Workers, Carers, and Registered Nurses through our rigorous recruitment checks, which include initial and regular professional references and suitably enhanced DBS/CRB for all employees and volunteers.
Philip’s Quality Care is committed to anti-discriminatory practices, working in a way that respects the views, rights, and behaviour of people from minority groups and which celebrates their diversity. We are sensitive and responsive to the race, culture, religion, age, disability, gender, and sexuality of the people receiving care, and to their relatives and representatives. We will do everything possible to ensure that the way in which our service is delivered does nothing to compromise these rights.
No one will be disadvantaged because of any disability and opportunities will be equally available for all. At Philip’s Quality Care, we reserve the right to withdraw the service immediately from individuals who refuse to cooperate with the equal opportunities policy, by being verbally or physically abusive or fail to pay the fees, as agreed.